On May 10, 2018, over 6,000 prospective grads will join the Forever Buffs family. The University of Colorado Boulder, located near our hotel, invites families and friends to Folsom Field in celebration of the Spring Class of 2018 and their achievements.
Thousands will gather for the 2018 Spring Ceremony. With so many joyful supporters all headed for Folsom Field, it is a good idea to check out hotels near Denver, Boulder, and the University of Colorado well in advance of the event.
The Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel in Broomfield is centrally located near Denver and the University of Colorado. Situated along the Denver-Boulder corridor, you can attend the CU ceremonies on one day and explore the state capitol of Denver the next with convenient lodging right in between.
- The ceremony will begin at 8:30am, and guests who hope to see the student processional into the stadium are advised to be seated by 8:15am.
- Stadium gates open at 7am, and early arrival will guarantee the best seating.
- Expect heavy traffic within the city and on the campus.
- Allow yourself enough time to park and get to the stadium. (shuttles are available every 15 minutes)
- Keep in mind that Folsom Field enforces a clear bag policy.
- College, department, and program ceremonies are held at various locations at the university campus (on various dates and times).
Our hotel is adjacent to Flatiron Crossing, a spectacular indoor-outdoor shopping center. There are plenty of quaint and boutique-style shops, in case you decide to pick-up any last-minute graduation gifts. There are also plenty of restaurants and family-friendly entertainment options to choose from.
Relax in a Hotel Near Folsom Field
After the ceremonies at the University of Colorado and Folsom Field, head back to our hotel near Boulder and Denver for a post-graduation celebration. The Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel is nestled in the Foothills of the Rockies, where outdoor activities abound.
Boulder is roughly 10 miles from Broomfield, and Denver is about 18 miles away. For those flying in to the Denver International airport, you will be a quick 25-minute drive from us.
- Dine, shop, and play at Flatiron Crossing
- Catch a concert, show, or sporting event at First Bank Center
- Celebrate with a crafted brew at 4 Noses Brewery
- Check out the lively street performances at Pearl Street Mall
- Enjoy gorgeous outdoor scenery—Boulder has over 150 miles of hiking and biking trails.
- Visit the #1 farmer’s market in the country—Boulder Farmers’ Market