Baby, it’s cold outside, and Broomfield, CO, offers a huge variety of winter activities and fun things to do.
For skiing and other snowy adventures, winter and early spring are the best times to visit. Since Broomfield is at the foot of the mountains, the weather is milder, so hiking here is great any time of the year.
- Hiking at Chautauqua Park
Location: Grant and Baseline Streets, Boulder—10 min. drive
- Hiking at Chautauqua Park
- First and Second Flatiron Trail is popular year-round, and you’ll see why.
- Bring your camera, because this is a highly photogenic winter spot.
- The snow-frosted Flatirons offer the perfect photo op, so you’ll see plenty of other hikers in winter.
- After your hike, stop by the Chautauqua Dining Hall for a warm beverage, cocktail, or delicious meal.
- Outdoor Ice Skating at Steinbaugh Pavilion
Location: 824 Front Street, Louisville, CO—8 min. drive
- Experience the small-town American charm of Historic Downtown Louisville.
- This old-fashioned, 6,500 sq. ft. outdoor ice skating rink is the largest in the county.
- Complete with skate rental, concessions, and traditional holiday music, WinterSkate is an ideal family-friendly attraction.
- The five square blocks that comprise downtown is home to art galleries, unique shops, and wooden buildings over 100 years old.
- Skiing at Eldora
Location: 2861 Eldora Ski Rd, Nederland, CO—20 miles west of Boulder
- Enjoy a scenic drive up Canyon Blvd. to Eldora Mountain Resort.
- Eldora’s top elevation soars at 10,800 feet and offers terrain suitable for all skill levels.
- Whether you’re into skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, or snowshoeing, the resort is ideal for a variety of winter activities.
- With an average of 300 inches a year, snow typically covers 100 percent of the area’s ski terrain during ski season.
- Shopping on Pearl Street
Location: Historic Downtown Boulder—20 min. drive
- Pearl Street is especially picturesque during the winter, and you’ll find the shops, restaurants, and galleries cozy and inviting.
- With its historic buildings, scenic surroundings, and snowy pedestrian paths, Boulder was voted a “Top 10 Winter Town” by National Geographic.
- Shop for the holidays or end-of-season sales.
- Head to a coffee shop for a warm cup of Joe, delicious pastry, or hot chocolate.
- Enjoy a Memorable Boulder Holiday Event
Location: Downtown Boulder and surrounding area
- Boulder offers great holiday events throughout the season.
- Whether you’re looking for a concert, family-friendly event, or Black Friday shopping deal, downtown Boulder has something for everyone.
Spend the Winter Season with Us
Central to Boulder and Denver, our Broomfield, CO, hotel provides the perfect location to enjoy all the best things to do this winter.
Then, after a fun day in downtown or on the slopes, our Broomfield winter bucket list will leave you rosy-cheeked and exhilarated. End your day back at our hotel for a relaxing dinner at our onsite restaurant, Flatz.