Creating great memories with dad on Father’s Day is always better than giving him another boring tie or gift card. Not only will he appreciate the effort you put into planning the gift itself, but he will cherish the memories of that quality time forever. If your dad loves golf, you’ll find a variety of fantastic Broomfield golf courses near the Renaissance Flatiron hotel, including:
- Coal Creek Golf Course – featuring four sets of tees for different skill levels, this popular course in nearby Louisville measures 6957 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 130.
- Eagle Trace Golf Club – take in spectacular Rocky Mountains views, as you navigate large lakes, 65 sand bunkers and bent grass greens. There is also a clubhouse with a full-service restaurant and bar.
- Greenway Park Golf Course – this beautiful, semi-private course offers nine holes and measures 1096 yards from the longest tees.
- The Broadlands Golf Course – rated among the best golf courses in the Broomfield, Co area, Broadlands’ lush fairways and unique water hazards provide challenges to players of all skill levels. The green fees are reasonable and Broadlands Grill offers a variety of tasty sandwiches, salads, and appetizers to celebrate after your time on the greens.
- Walnut Creek Golf Preserve – Located in nearby Westminster, this award-winning golf course is a Certified Bronze Audubon International Signature Sanctuary that is home more than 77 species of wildlife. Gently rolling hills and Rocky Mountain views await. They also offer Kids Play Free specials along with exceptional practice facilities.
Things to Do in Broomfield
Aside from golfing, there are plenty of other fun things to do for Father’s Day in the Broomfield area. From museums and fly fishing trips to live performances and even archery lessons, you are sure to find an activity you and your dad will love.
- Empty Quiver Archery – Learn how to shoot arrows in the sport of archery. All levels are welcome.
- 1st Bank Center – Take dad to see his favorite band, comedian or other performances at this nearby venue. Check the Calendar of Events for listings.
- Front Range Anglers – Take dad on a full day guided tour of Boulder Creek where he can learn or go fly fishing for trout. Equipment will be provided.
- Nighthawk Brewery – If your dad loves beer, take him to Nighthawk Brewery, featuring a variety of delicious beer on tap and a great kitchen menu. The brewery also regularly hosts events, including trivia nights.
- Mile High Gliding – Give dad the ride of his life aboard a two-place glider with the pilot sitting behind him. He will be able to take in the view of the mountain, including the college town scenery through the clear Plexiglass canopy.
- The Wild West Ranch – Whether dad is a horseback riding expert or is interested in learning, the ranch will be a pleasant experience for him. Trail and hay rides are available
- Colorado Railroad Museum – Take a journey through history while looking at a model railroad, a roundhouse restoration facility, including a collection of vintage engines, coaches and cabooses.