Discover Skiing in Boulder, Colorado
When people think of perfect snow, white-capped mountains, skiing, snowboarding, sun and winter fun, they think of Colorado. Well, here’s something else: Boulder was named by National Geographic as a Top 10 Winter Town.
As for top-notch skiing in Boulder, locals recommend their favorite place, just a hop, skip and a jump away: Eldora Mountain Resort – only a half hour away from downtown Boulder. You’ll find that Eldora has a local, laid-back vibe and that there are plenty of options for everyone from the beginner to the extremely advanced.
Whether it’s cross-country skiing, show shoeing, snowboarding or downhill skiing you crave, your next adventure awaits. Just 30 miles from Eldora, we’re proud to be among the top-favorite hotels near Boulder skiing. At the Renaissance Boulder Flatiron, you’ll have fantastic amenities, award-winning onsite dining, breathtaking views and exceptional service.
Top 10 Facts About Eldora:
- It’s a gorgeous, picturesque drive up Canyon Boulevard, located just 21 miles west of Boulder.
- The slopes there receive a snowfall of approximately 300 inches a year. When it’s not snowing, they boast one of Colorado’s best snowmaking systems… covering 100% of the immaculately-groomed terrain (more than any other in Colorado).
- The base of Eldora is 9,200 feet above sea level and top elevation is 10,800 feet above.
- There’s live music every weekend!
- Many people love taking private skiing or snowboarding lessons (plus, you get VIP service with your rentals).
- Lift tickets cost about half the price of most major resorts.
- During the week, visitors and locals alike praise the fact that there are no big hassles with crowds or long lines.
- Some even say that it can feel like a “private mountain,” which makes them enjoy their Rocky Mountain experience so much more. “It felt like we owned the place,” one family gushed.
- There are many slopes to choose from, so you don’t get bored; plus, this works well for the beginner, intermediate and expert skier.
- Eldora is the one place where you can go skiing in (or near) Boulder and miss the famous I-70 traffic, which means more time on the slopes and less time in the car.
Relax After a Day at the Slopes at Renaissance Flatiron
After a thrilling day of hitting the slopes, or spending the day in nearby quaint Louisville at Winter Skate (a classic outdoor ice skating rink), come back to us and massage the kinks out in our heated outdoor whirlpool.
Then, unwind in our spacious, all-suite guest rooms with plush robes and Aveda bath products. Next, celebrate with a superb meal and a bottle of wine from an extensive list at our award-winning, onsite Flatz Restaurant and Lounge.
There’s also our heated patio with a beautiful view of the snow-capped Rockies. This is the good life. Happy Skiing!